Physical Therapy Center of Bristol, LLC and Physical Therapy Center of Southington-Cheshire have the unique distinction of being the only accredited McKenzie Clinic in New England. Unlike traditional physical therapy clinics, the McKenzie Method (also called Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy or MDT) is focused on empowering the patient to self-treat using simple, individually prescribed, exercises and postures.
Most people do not realize that many of the aches and pains we experience can rapidly reverse if they are properly assessed. Even people with chronic pain that have responded poorly to traditional or conservative treatment frequently get rapid results using the McKenzie Method — often within the first session.
The McKenzie Method is quickly gaining popularity due to the extent of support in the literature and the cost benefit to both clients and insurance companies.
When you come to our accredited McKenzie Clinic, you will receive a detailed assessment to determine the nature of your problem. You are then taught, in as few as 3 to 4 appointments, how to continue your treatment at home and avoid recurrences of your problem.
There are only two clinics in New England that are certified by the McKenzie Institute as specialized treatment centers. Patients attending such clinics are guaranteed to receive treatment by the McKenzie Method in it’s purest form.
The McKenzie Method — More facts
- Research has shown that the McKenzie assessment is as reliable as CT scans and MRI’s when it comes to determining the source of the patient’s pain and the potential recovery, but only when a properly trained clinician performs it.
- Many musculoskeletal problems can be rapidly reversed if they are properly addressed.
- 50-70% of people with low back and leg pain rapidly improve when they are given the correct treatment.
- Rapid responders often include patients who have no benefited from other treatments before. They can be diagnosed in 1 to 2 visits.
- The McKenzie Method is the most researched physical therapy treatment system.
For more information about the McKenzie Method: www.mckenziemdt.org